The Information we collect about you may be broadly described in following categories:
- Personal Information: Your name, address, phone number, email address, user name, password, billing and credit card information, order history, feedback, IP address and location, digital device name, type and configuration, details relating to your download of Publications via the service (including details relating to the time of the download, any interruptions, and the success or failure of the downloads), the URL from which you accessed the Website, demographic information, and other such 'Personal Information'.
- General Information:We may also receive more general information from you as a result of your visits to, and use of, the Website. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your IP address, the length of time you spend on the Website, your browsing history, and other such 'General Information'.
Personal Information and General Information shall collectively and individually be referred to as “Information”.
All the above Information is collected for:
- Better servicing and account maintenance.
- To seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to those services
- Making the offerings more relevant to the you and your desires ensuring no spam mails go through.
- Keeping track of the transactions, to help in case of any dispute situations; dealing with enquiries, requests or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes; marketing products and services; carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
- To effectively administer and fulfil our obligations under any agreement (if any) we may have with you.
- To fulfill statutory requirements.
To collect the Information, we shall use channels such as physical forms, call center, Website (including cookies), emails, promotional offers, surveys and mailers. Participation in some of these channels is optional but you may be required to provide your Information in order to participate. We are not liable to verify the authenticity or accuracy of any Information we collect from you.
From time to time we may ask you to update your contact & Information with us on the Website, contact center or through any other approved channels. This is to help keep you updated on services, any changes in the services and its enhancements. We will not be liable for any failure or default to notify you of any service, any change in service or its enhancement if you fail to update such Information in a timely manner.
Access to Information:
Website collects your Personal Information to enable, amongst other things, to provide Products and Services to you. We take all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information.
Information Storage & Sharing:
Any Information that we collect and store that is personally identifiable is protected using appropriate means, and although the Website does so, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access by third parties.
All Information shall be stored by us or one or more of our vendors, who will be bound by a non-disclosure agreement with us. We reserve the rights to hold your Information indefinitely.
You agree that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required to fulfil the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. All Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
- With one or more of our corporate entities and affiliates globally to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services as part of service offered to you through Website
- As required by law, such as to comply with a summons, subpoena, or similar legal process, etc.;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and interests, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request and the like;
- To our group companies anywhere in the world for general administrative and business purposes which may include:
- Website’s use of other companies and/or individuals to perform functions on its behalf (e.g. processing credit card payments, providing customer service, domestic or international data hosting/storage services on cloud or otherwise), and in such circumstances these companies or individuals will be provided access to only such Personal Information required to fulfill their functions (and only on the agreement that they not use your Personal Information for any other purposes); and
- Purposes intended to deliver publications to you, verify your account information, verify access to publications, determine whether you meet the minimum system requirements for use of the service, provide you tailored content and instructions, targeted promotions and relevant advertisements, provide customer support and seek your input regarding Website.
Apart from the forgoing’s, we may use third party service providers to help us operate our business or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys and the like. We will only share your Information with these third parties for those limited purposes
We may also share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the purpose. However, Website is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. Website is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, whether such links provided to third party websites are provided on the Website).
You may receive promotional offers, campaign details, company news, updates, related product or service information, etc by email among other means. If you have opted to receive promotional offers there will be unsubscribe options with all such category of offers and you may choose to unsubscribe from such offers at any time by following the instructions included at the bottom of each email, or by contacting us via our Website.
Our customer care department may also contact you in response to an inquiry you submit. Customer care may also contact you with regard to a particular problem that may have occurred with your account or with an offer in which you may have participated. We may use this Information to learn more about your participation in the Website and make it more relevant to your interests.
Information access by member:
We respect your privacy and are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of your Information with us. We may contact you with useful Information on products and services through our telemarketing / tele calling activities, which may be beneficial for you. However, if you do not wish to be contacted through our telemarketing calls or messages, we request you to kindly register at our call center and give details of the telephone on which you do not wish to be contacted. However, we reserve the right to contact you through tele calling for services related to your account. Further, we are committed to follow the laws laid out with regards to tele calling and telemarketing and, follow the guidelines set by any regulatory authority like TRAI in cases of Do Not Disturb (“DND”) policy or any such similar rules which may be in force. Once you have registered for any such DND policy, your telephone number(s) will be removed from all our telemarketing calling lists within 30 working days. We will ensure that you do not get any further telemarketing calls on the telephone number(s) that you have registered.
Voice Call Recordings at Contact Centre:
With a view to providing the best possible service to you, we will be:
- Recording voice calls made to our customer care with a view to better provide our services
- Monitoring the voice calls recorded; and
- Overseeing the services furnished by the customer call centers.
- Sharing with one or more our affiliate companies, all or any particular call recordings received from those customers who have been enrolled with us on the Website and/or a report with details of the complaints, if any, received by you or the customer. The sharing of voice recordings received from the call centers with our affiliate companies will be done in due compliance of applicable privacy laws.
All of the aforesaid activities are done, inter alia, to:
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Assure quality management and customer experience
- Identify and analyze the patterns and the types of requests/complaints raised by customers
- Initiate remedial measures to prevent the re-occurrence of such complaints/issues
- Retain a recording of the voice calls; and
- Support any transactions that take place over the phone and/or if there is a dispute
Links to Other Sites:
Treatment of Personal Information:
Certain Information stored centrally in a database is available to our affiliates or group companies and service providers connected with the operation of Website.
The Website collects your Personal Information to enable us, amongst other things, to provide the Services to you. We take all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. If our entity is sold to a third party, or otherwise become a subject to a merger, consolidation or acquisition, it would become necessary for us to transfer your Personal Information to a third party, and in such case we would require that the third party handles your Personal Information with no less care than taken by us.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the Information. Specific employees only are authorized to access the Information on a need to know basis for business purposes only.
You may review or update the Personal Information that we hold in respect of your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Treatment of General Information:
We also collect your General Information to allow us, amongst other things, to better understand our users and improve the layout and functionality of the Website. We may use and disclose anonymous Information, including aggregate anonymous Information derived from your Personal Information, to inform publishers, partners, trusted affiliates, advertisers, and other interested parties as to the usage habits or characteristics of our customer base, and to serve any other business purposes.
Opt out rights:
In the event, you do not wish that your Information to be used for the purposes mentioned herein or you wish to withdraw consent for use of your Information please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us on 1-800-123-1555. In such events, we may not be in a position to provide you any benefits or Services. Also, in case you choose to not share your name and/or mobile number, your registration from the Website will be terminated.
Data Accuracy, Verification and Supplementation:
It is in your interest and it is our objective, for us to have accurate, current and complete Information concerning you and your account. We have strict procedures that our employees abide by to meet this objective. While some procedures are required by central, state or RBI regulations, we have implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, correct and complete financial Information, including processes to update Information and remove outdated Information. If you believe that we have incorrect Information about you or your accounts, please intimate us. We will correct any erroneous Information as soon as possible. Data verification involves the use of third-party data processing services to standardize and clean your provided Information so that it is easily identified and accessed in our database.
Guarding your own Information: We recommend that you take the following precautions to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of your Information:
- never provide/share/disclose Information that can be used to access your account over the phone unless you have initiated the call and know with whom you are speaking;;
- update any changes in addresses or contact Information immediately through the proper channel;
"Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, pandemic, epidemic, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of us), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
While We will endeavor to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which we hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, You acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that We cannot provide any absolute assurance, warranty or guarantee regarding the security of Your Personal Information.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Vivek Shekar
77◦ Town Centre, Building No. 3, West Wing,
Off HAL Airport Road, Yamlur P.O.,
Bangalore - 560 037, Karnataka, India
Phone: 080-41796565 (Extn: 5228)
Time: Mon – Fri (9:00 - 17:00)
If you have any other questions or clarifications regarding privacy, or have questions about practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
These Conditions and usage of the Site shall be governed by the Laws of India. Disputes, if any shall be exclusively brought before the courts at Bangalore, Karnataka.