Following the Web Team's recent successful launch of the new Babyshop site, we are delighted to announce yet another addition to our online portfolio -- the much anticipated new website for Lifestyle, one of Landmark's most dynamic concepts.
Specialising in fresh and contemporary home décor, designer furnishings
and personal accessories, Lifestyle
is a brand that fashion-forward consumers, and women in particular, trust and
Our focus for the new site was on creating a user-friendly experience, that is easy to navigate, has clean design and clear labeling. One key challenge was to create an online personality that represents what Lifestyle is all about, as it's important to retain the look and feel of the off-line stores to some extent, so that existing Lifestyle customers can associate with the new web presence.
As with our other successful site launches, this adventure began with an immersion session that allowed the team to get a feel for the brand. We visited the flagship store to study the diverse product range, look at the store layout, observe the types of customers shopping in the store and gain an understanding of the key similarities and differences with their competitors. Our observations were then put into our creative blender, ideas were tossed around, and out came a workable structure or framework for the site and some great looking designs. Add some creativity, a lot of hard work and careful planning, and the net result is a great looking website. Don't take my work for it, see for yourself:
As a relatively new member of the Web Team - I'm now entering my third month - it's a great feeling to get my first project delivered to the launch deadline. Having produced 100's of websites in my career, this one is special as it's the first I've worked on outside of the UK. Like all projects, we've faced challenges, but having a great team together, working in unison, is a recipe for success. Working in partnership with our design and development partners, and a very enthusiastic marketing team within Lifestyle, under the leadership of CEO Sachin Mundhwa, we've put together a site we're all proud of and the experience has been thoroughly enjoyable.
With the Lifestyle site now live, this is where the adventure really begins; we're already working on improvements to the site to keep things new and exciting for our customers to visit and re-visit.
8) To accentuate my cheekbones (and make my face look smaller!) I love Diego Dalla Palma's pink powder, applied with a Diego Dalla Palma brush diagonally on the apples of my cheeks.
- Bathe thoroughly before applying any fragrance to your body.
- Layer your perfumes before putting on your clothes or accessories - first use a matching body lotion (or an unscented one) to help your fragrance last longer.
- Lightly spray your perfume on "pulse points": the wrist, neck, cleavage, inside of the elbow, behind the knees and on the ankle. These points are where blood vessels are closest to the skin, giving off more heat and acting like mini fragrance pumps.
- Avoid spraying too much scent directly on your clothes - besides staining your garments, the scent can stick to the fabric, conflicting with different perfumes you plan to wear on other days.
- Don't overspray - the perfect perfume works best in small quantities, mixing with your natural body odour to create a balanced scent.
End-of-year festivities can be tons of fun for the spirit, but wreak havoc on the body. Are stored-up toxins having a party of their own inside you? Gift yourself a little extra care this New Year with the detox regimen at Spaces Salon & Spa. Our personal pick is the Relax, Cleanse and Revitalize trio.
Relax: Moroccan Bath
Our bodies can efficiently expel toxins through the pores of the skin. To boost this process, we recommend our Moroccan Bath. Known in Arabic simply as hammam, the Moroccan Bath is a relaxing indulgence for women as well as men. Traditional Moroccan black soap hydrates and nourishes the skin in a steam bath; this is followed by an invigorating loofah exfoliation and another soap massage before finishing with a final mask.
How it helps:
- Improves skin elasticity and clarity
- Balances oil secretion; controls acne
- Refines skin texture by removing layers of dead skin
- Rehydrates skin; soothes redness and flakiness
Cleanse: Micro Dermabrasion & Rejuvenating Facial
A face that's been repeatedly experimented upon with layers of makeup deserves a special treat. Micro Dermabrasion is a professional treatment that uses a safe, pressurised steam of minute crystals to gently exfoliate the upper layer of dead skin cells; our version is topped with a Rejuvenating Facial massage, customized especially for your skin type.
How it helps:
- Leaves skin with a fresh glow
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores and coarse-textured skin
- Facilitates the penetration of high-tech skin care products into deeper layers of the skin
- Builds collagen, which keeps skin looking young
Revitalise: Foot Reflexology
If too much high-heeled dancing has your feet aching, a Foot Reflexology massage will energize not just your feet, but your entire body. The reflexology technique includes an "inchworm" movement of the thumb and fingers across the foot as well as localized pressure on specific areas. Invigorating menthol oil and soothing lotions are used liberally to soften hard, calloused skin.
How it helps:
- Relieves tired feet
- Eases aches and pains
- Improves circulation
Here's to a relaxed and happy new year for all the senses!
What are your favourite ways of rejuvenating your body after a hectic holiday season?