What's In Your Bag 2: Makeup tips for a natural daytime look
In this series, grab a sneak peek into the personal makeup bags of 3 Beautybay professionals, who share their favourite tips and tools to looking great all day, every day.
Sheryl Saquing, PA to Deputy General Manager, Beautybay
Oily, prone to breakouts
Mine is a simple, natural look. I meet a lot of people every day and I want to look natural and alert - even on days when I'm tired or sleepy - so I focus on making my eyes look bright and clean.
What's in your bag?
1) I always start my makeup routine by washing my face. Since my skin is oily, I keep it moisturized with L'Oreal Hydrating Gel. A common misconception is that oily skin doesn't require moisturizing, but in fact twice-daily cleansing with a gentle face wash followed by a light, oil-free moisturizer helps keep the skin from drying out and reduces the likelihood of irritated, blotchy skin.
2) Next comes a light, oil-free liquid foundation (Diego Della Palma #52) applied evenly with a fingertip all over the face.
3) I don't usually use any eyeshadow, so instead move to my liquid eyeliner in black/brown applied to my upper eyelid in a "pin-up" or "wing" style to create an almond shape that makes eyes look bigger and brighter. To do this, I start at the inner corner of the upper eyelid and pull a thin, even line towards the outer edge, extending it upwards and slightly beyond the outer edge. I then double back with a second line to create a small "triangle" and fill it in.
4) For my lower eyelid, I use Diego Dalla Palma's black eye pencil on the inner waterline to create contrast and make the whites of my eyes look even whiter.
5) I can't go out without applying mascara by Diego Dalla Palma - I love having long eyelashes!
6) On my cheeks I use a little bit of light-pink powder blush by The Body Shop to blend naturally with the colour of my skin.
7) I can live without lipstick, but I can't leave home without a transparent lip gloss or lip balm to keep my lips moist and give them a bit of natural-looking shine.
Do you have makeup tips and tools that work for you every day? Share them with us here!
Filter posts by category